Jug Bay Wetlands Sanctuary Media Archive
Please enjoy our collection of film vignettes, presentations, interviews, brochures, and virtual field trips highlighting both the Sanctuary and natural & cultural history topics.
Recorded Virtual Presentations
- Cicada Stravaganza: "Periodical Cicadas; What's the Big Deal?" (Peter Uimonen and Kim Elliott: May 19th, 2021)
- Awesome Osprey (Diane Goebes: June 19, 2020)
- Mischievous Mammals (Chuck Hatcher: July 10, 2020)
- Vernal Pools (Thomas Veague & Jeanette Kazmierczak: July 24, 2020)
- Riparian Forest Buffers (Ryan Davis: September 4, 2020) Access Passcode: q7G9&O0C
- Patuxent River Update (Fred Tutman: October 2, 2020)
Virtual Field Trips
Interviews & News Features
- Liana Vitali on The Not Old - Better Show: as part of their Smithsonian Associates, Earth Optimism interview series, Liana discusses birding at Jug Bay Wetlands Sanctuary and her upcoming talk "Birdwatching Stories from a Naturalist".
- Debra Gage video interview by Chesapeake Bay Magazine: leading our 3rd annual First Day Hike (January 4th, 2021).
- Sarah Kempfer in Bay Weekly: discussion of our field trips being adapted during COVID
- Jug Bay Wetlands Sanctuary featurette by Annapolis Discovered (April 12, 2021)
- Introducing the Emory Waters Nature Preserve: a little introduction to the property and some history about Emory Waters himself
- Citizen Science at Jug Bay interview with Chesapeake Family Life (April 22, 2022)
Yellow Loop Audio-Visual Tour: learn about cultural history, natural history, and research projects at Jug Bay Wetlands Sanctuary as you walk the Yellow Loop. Previously known as QR code tour, stops are indicated by green dots on map. (downloadable PDF text and/or audio clips)
Self-Guided Tree Hike & Booklet: approximately 3/4 mile; follow the map on a walk of Forest Trail and the meadow to see labeled examples of native trees. Download the accompanying booklet for more information and photos to help you identify these trees.
Reptiles & Amphibians of Jug Bay Wetlands Sanctuary
Mnemonic Songs and Calls of Birds at Jug Bay
Plants of Jug Bay From the Ground Up
35th Anniversary ArcGIS Story Map