In the interest of providing more access to our wonderful Sanctuary, especially during COVID, we have created several videos to bring quality environmental education and enjoyment of JBWS to the safety of your home!
Recorded Virtual Presentations
- Cicada Stravaganza: "Periodical Cicadas; What's the Big Deal?" with Peter Uimonen and Kim Elliott (May 19th, 2021; 26:27)
Interviews & News Features
- Liana Vitali on The Not Old - Better Show: as part of their Smithsonian Associates, Earth Optimism interview series, Liana discusses birding at Jug Bay Wetlands Sanctuary and her upcoming talk "Birdwatching Stories from a Naturalist".
- Debra Gage video interview by Chesapeake Bay Magazine: leading our 3rd annual First Day Hike (January 4th, 2021).
- Sarah Kempfer in Bay Weekly: discussion of our field trips being adapted during COVID
- Jug Bay Wetlands Sanctuary featurette on visitannapolis.org (April 12, 2021)
- Introducing the Emory Waters Nature Preserve: a little introduction to the property and some history about Emory Waters himself
Yellow Loop Audio-Visual Tour: learn about cultural history, natural history, and research projects at Jug Bay Wetlands Sanctuary as you walk the Yellow Loop. Previously known as QR code tour, stops are indicated by green dots on map. (downloadable PDF text and/or audio clips)
Self-Guided Tree Hike & Booklet: approximately 3/4 mile; follow the map on a walk of Forest Trail and the meadow to see labeled examples of native trees. Download the accompanying booklet for more information and photos to help you identify these trees.