Volunteering at Jug Bay is a fun and rewarding way to learn about ecology and to help with research, education, stewardship projects and more. No experience is necessary, only enthusiasm for learning.
* Look for an upcoming "Volunteer Recruitment Day" on our calendar of events and call 410-741-9330 or e-mail to register.
* Once you have attended an introductory training and familiarized yourself with the facilities and available volunteer opportunities you can fill out a Volunteer Application so we can keep you up-to-date on events that fit your interests and availability .
* If you have questions, contact the Volunteer Coordinator, Lindsay Hollister, at 410-741-9330
* While some projects require training, many are available to begin immediately and you can learn as you go.
o Have fun while you learn about plant and animal ecology
o Help keep the Sanctuary working - YOU are essential to our research
o Receive FREE quarterly subscriptions to "Marsh Notes"
o FREE entrance into the Sanctuary and discounts on activities and programs
o Volunteer Appreciation Social in winter
o Volunteer Picnic in August
o Invitations to special lectures and events
o Excursions to interesting places
o Help with school programs
o Teach children and adults
* Active volunteers visit at least 3 times per year and devote a minimum of 10 hours.