Field Trip Application
Join us for a field trip at Jug Bay! Click the button below to download our Classrooms in the Field application form.
How to Make Your Field Trip Awesome
The Jug Bay staff wants your field trip to be safe and enjoyable for everyone. Here are a few tips to help you get the most out of your visit to Jug Bay Wetlands Sanctuary.
Dress For The Weather And Outdoors!
Teachers, chaperones, and students should be prepared to spend several hours outside. All programs will be held OUTDOORS, rain or shine! During periods of extreme weather (high winds or lightning) indoor programs will be substituted.
- Wear old clothes that can get dirty.
- Wear comfortable, closed-toe walking shoes that can get dirty. Rubber boots or waterproof shoes are great for pond, stream studies, or a rainy day. No flip flops or open-toe sandals. High socks are recommended to protect visitors from ticks.
- Dress in layers. It is hard to learn when you are uncomfortable. Hats, scarves, and gloves are recommended for trips scheduled in October, November, March, and April.
- Hats and sunscreen are recommended for programs in April through October.
- An extra pair of socks and shoes is recommended if you are participating in the pond program.
- Raincoats and hats are necessary if rain is predicted. We will still go out in the rain. No umbrellas please.
Participate! Ask Questions!
You may see and experience some new and unusual things. It is understandable that some people are uncomfortable in an unfamiliar setting. The staff are here to safely introduce you to the amazing habitats and wildlife of Jug Bay.
Share Your Pictures
Share pictures on our Facebook and use #JugBayWS. Please be mindful that pictures should be taken in between activities when it is not a distraction.