No child is left Inside at Jug Bay's summer camp! Give your child a wild summer adventure among the Sanctuary's wetlands, forests, and fields. Children get a chance to see the Sanctuary’s diverse plants and animals up close and to understand environmental issues related to the Patuxent River and the Chesapeake Bay. Through activities, exploration, and hands-on investigations, children discover wetland ecology while getting wet and having fun. Download camp brochure.
Click HERE for Teen Camps
Jug Bay Summer Day Camps 2013
Wetland and Wildlife Eco-Adventure
Entering 5th or 6th grades in Fall 2013
Monday, July 8 - Friday, July 12
9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Join us for a natural adventure in the wetlands of Jug Bay. Each day we will explore the Sanctuary’s streams and marshes, learning what makes them work and why they are important. Children will dig wetland soils, seine for fish, and build a watershed model. Highlights include a canoe trip, overnight campout, and a night hike. Art projects, games, and experiments will enhance our daily activities.
Fee:$150 per session ($130 for FOJB members)
A River Runs Through It
Entering 7th or 8th grades in Fall 2013
Monday, July 29 – Friday August 2
9:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Where does the Chesapeake Bay begin? In the streams we can wade across! Campers will explore the streams and wetlands of the Patuxent River at Jug Bay. Each day we’ll discover the role that forests, wetlands, and people play in determining the health of the river and the Chesa¬peake Bay. We’ll measure water quality, search streams for insects, frogs, and fish, and canoe through the marshes. The Thursday campout features games, crafts, and a night hike.
Fee: $150 ($130 FOJB members)
Camp scholarships are available from the Friends of Jug Bay. For more information call the Sanctuary at (410) 741-9330 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- To register your child for 5th -8th grade camps, download a Camp Registration Form
- Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis, by mail or walk-in (Wed, Sat, or Sun, 9am-5pm).
- Mail registrations to: Jug Bay Summer Science Camp to Jug Bay Wetlands Sanctuary, 1361 Wrighton Road, Lothian, MD 20711.
- Children must be entering the grade specified.
- Registration fee must be paid at time of registration, by cash or check only.
- Camp size is limited. You will be notified of your registration for camp or if a camp is filled.