If you have a group of Girl Scouts or Boy Scouts, the Sanctuary offers personally designed programs for your scout troop. We are more than willing to work with you to arrange a program to meet your interests and needs!
To Schedule a Scout Program
We do not enroll scouts in our general public programs, unless it is noted in the description. Separate scout programs are offered on a limited basis, so make your reservations BEFORE advertising the program to your group.
- Complete the Application Form. Include as many date choices as possible.
- A staff naturalist will contact you regarding date availability
- Program content and details will be discussed at that time and/or during a planning session.
- A program contract will be mailed indicating the date and program choice
- The program will be confirmed once the contract is signed by the leader and returned
- A typical program lasts about 2 hours, but groups may extend their visit with a self-led hike through the Sanctuary. Picnic tables are available.
- Programs are held on the weekend, outdoors, rain or shine, and may be scheduled year round. Some weekdays are available.
- Scout Program Fees: $2.00 per child. No fee for accompanying adult leaders.
- Maximum group size: 20 people (children and adults); one adult chaperone required for every six children.
- Adult leaders are expected to be active participants in the program.
- Siblings are welcome at the Sanctuary but separate supervision is required.
What We Offer
- list of badge programs
Boys - list of badge programs